Many women in their thirties start having thoughts of feeling unloved or undesired.
- Why won’t my husband notice me?
- I feel that my husband doesn’t love me anymore.
- I feel undesired.
- My husband doesn’t care for me the way he used to.
These are some common thoughts that might run through your mind as a woman.
It’s difficult to ignore these thoughts too, because deep down you know that there is a truth to it.
What does it take to make my husband desire me? That’s the bottom line question. It’s important for the attraction and desire to be alive for any relationship to thrive. If you feel that your husband is no longer attracted to you, it’s a sign that both of you have stopped working on your relationship.
In other words, both your husband and you have started taking each other for granted. Now let’s see what you can do from your side to turn things around.
How to Make Your Husband Desire You?
Your husband might still be in love with you but as mentioned above, he has started taking you for granted. Here are a few tips to consider:
1.) Get in Touch With Your Inner Girl
After marriage most women get too serious, they lose touch with their inner child.
Life is anything but serious, because in the end nothing matters. Why not enjoy life for all its worth instead of worrying about the next thing all the time? Get smiling and be as vivacious and cheerful as you can be.
Your husband will find you very attractive when he sees what a chirpy personality you are.
2.) Help Him De-stress
One of the main reasons why men lose touch with their romantic side is stress.
Now there are various things you can do as a couple to help each other de-stress, but nothing can beat a ‘full body massage’. Why a massage? That’s because a massage has ridiculously ample benefits for a couple as follows:
- Relaxes the muscles and helps release tension.
- Increases intimacy.
- Enhances bonding by creating a feeling of connection between the couples.
- Increases secretion of feel good hormones (like Oxytocin) in the body.
- Enhances healing and generates a feeling of well being.
- Increasing blood circulation to vital organs.
You can even consider using a massage oil to further enhance the effect. Essential oils like Ylang ylang, wild orange and Bergamot make for great massage oils and have the added benefit of increasing the libido. If you don’t have a massage oil, consider using coconut oil. Coconut oil is easily absorbed by the skin and has the ability to relax and sooth tight muscles.
Once you have given him a massage, ask him to give you one. This can be a weekend activity that will take your relationship to the next level.
If you have no idea how to give a massage, there are scores of videos on Youtube to help you get started.
3.) Help Him Improve His Lifestyle
If you find that your husband is leading an unhealthy lifestyle then that could be the main reason for his lack of desire for you.
Here are some of the main unhealthy habits that can lead to poor sexual health in men:
- A stagnant lifestyle/Sitting for long hours.
- No exercise.
- Eating junk foods, sugary/salty/processed foods, drinking pop.
- Drinking Alcohol/Smoking.
- Worrying too much.
- Lack of quality sleep/Bad sleep schedule.
- Not drinking enough water.
- Not getting enough sunlight.
If you feel that your man has a lot of unhealthy habits, cajole him to give up on them and start working towards a healthier lifestyle.
Work out some things you can do as a couple to get healthy together. Here are a few tips:
- Resolve to give up on junk food and eat healthy.
- Include libido enhancing foods like blueberries, strawberries, oranges, avocado, bananas, green leafy vegetables, eggs, ginger, green tea and pumpkin seeds to name a few in your diet.
- Make it a habit to wake up early together and go for a jog/walk followed by light exercise.
- Join a yoga class or get an instruction CD and do simple yoga exercises at home together.
- Encourage him to get at-least 15 minutes of sunlight on his bare skin every day. This helps increase his Vitamin D levels that play a major role in increasing the body’s natural testosterone levels.
- Consume healthy fats like nuts, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, whole eggs, cheese and dark chocolate in your diet. These can increase testosterone levels.
- Consider intermittent fasting.
- Encourage him to take up strength training during the weekends.
- Remind him to drink fresh water and give up on fizzy drinks.
These activities will not only help him reduce stress but also increase his testosterone levels and thereby his libido.
4.) Consider a Subtle Make Over
There are several ways to start looking sexier but do it slowly and steadily so the changes look subtle and not forced upon. Here are a few tips to consider:
- Get yourself a new hairstyle.
- A facial or bleaching can help remove any dead cells or spots on your face, leaving it glowing and sexy.
- Change your wardrobe and get some hot looking colors that suit you. What you wear has an immediate impression on men as they are highly visual beings.
- Streak your hair or get a new hair color, this can work wonders on your looks.
- Eye liners can work wonders with accentuating the darkness of your eyes making you look really hot.
- Wear a mild shade of lipstick, something which looks subtle and accentuates your lips.
- Take up yoga, aerobics or any other type of exercise you might be interested in to tone-up your body.
It takes a little effort but the results are well worth it. Remember that you don’t have to use heavy make up or cosmetic procedures. When you look sexy outside you feel sexy inside and you radiate that confidence.
5.) Invest in a Sensual Perfume
Men are virtual dogs when it comes to sniffing a woman’s perfume. It’s quite common for a guy to feel more desire for a woman who, he perceives, smells heavenly.
A dab of sensual perfume is all it takes to add that element of desire to your persona. A sexy look and a perfume is all it takes to get him to notice you and desire you.
6.) Be Mysterious
Sometimes it helps to just be an enigma. Become a light speaker. Talk more with your eyes than with words. Silence has a mysterious quality to it. Your husband is bound to notice this depth in your personality and he’s bound to find it more intriguing and desirous at the same time.
7.) Realize Your Feminine Power
Men are wired to be attracted to the feminine power. Some of its qualities being – gentleness, delicateness and an attitude of care and compassion.
The very idea of feminine brings an image of a soft feather to mind – something very delicate and pristine. Get in touch with your deep true nature and stay as feminine as you can be.
8.) Love Yourself
Love who you are, love your body. Remove all the negative thoughts in your mind regarding your self image. When you start loving yourself, the positive vibrations it creates will automatically attract other people.
If you find it difficult to remove the negative self image, try practices that help you get in touch with your inner being. For instance, practices like ‘Tai Chi’ or Yoga can be very useful. Meditation helps and so does affirmation based music.
These are some workable tips on how to make your husband desire you. If you feel that your husband doesn’t love you the way he used to, it could well be that he’s just lost that attraction he had. With this new look and personality, that attraction will come right back in and there is a good possibility that he will start making changes in his lifestyle as well, as both of you work towards bettering the relationship.